Our credo is to help. In accordance with Heinrich Findelkind the founder’s motto from 1386, „how good and pleasant it is to be at peace with brothers“, the Brotherhood tries to help wherever it can.
The Brotherhood St. Christoph was founded in 1386 by Heinrich the Foundling, an orphan and simple herdsman. The Brotherhood now has over 20,000 members from all over the world and is one of the largest charitable institution in the alpine region.
The Brotherhood St. Christoph has devoted its efforts to providing assistance to families with children who are in difficulties. The institution is financed by the annual subscriptions of its members, and by additional donations and benefit events. Because the Brothers and Sisters have always acted in an honorary capacity, not a single Euro has been spent on administrative costs in the last decades. For the past 600 years the Brotherhood has always been marked by people who were prepared to do something for their poor and suffering fellow man.
Nowadays it is above all the Werner family, who have been running the Brotherhood since its re-establishment in 1962. The Arlberg-Hospiz Hotel in St. Christoph is the headquarters of the Brotherhood.